Random practice Test-I
1. I thought I ……… going to be late, but I’m right on time.
A) Were B) was C) Am D) will be
2. Change into passive voice
Contractors are building lots of new houses in Hyderabad.
A) Lots of new houses are being built in Hyderabad.
B) Lots of new houses are built in Hyderabad.
C) Lots of new houses were being built in Hyderabad.
D) Lots of new houses were built in Hyderabad.
3. Sita works in …..School.
A) The B) an C) a D) no article
4. “India is a great place for innovation.”
The underlined part is a
A) common noun B) proper noun C) collective noun D) abstract noun
5.Find the correctly spelt word.
A) transmit B) transmitt C) transsmit D) transsmitt
6. To damage something so that it doesn’t work correctly.
A) Arson B) Sabotage C) Fatalism D) fidelity
7. “I can’t find my wallet. I might have dropped it somewhere. “
What does the underlined part mean?
A) Certainty B) probability C) possibility D) Ability
8. Combine the two sentences into one.
He is a popular cricketer. He is also a very good singer.
A) Not only is he a popular cricketer, but he is also a very good singer.
B) Not only he is a popular cricketer, but he is also a very good singer.
C) He is not only a popular cricketer, but he is also a very good singer.
D) He is not only a popular cricketer, but also a very good singer.
9. Find the suitable article.
Krishna met ….friend of yours yesterday.
A) An B) the C) A D) no article
10. The businessman is up to his ears in debt.
A) Interested in B) not paying attention to
C) in deep thoughts D) fully occupied with