Victorian Novel Test- 2
Download the free pdf version of this test , from Here.
1. Among these of Charles Dickens’ works, which is a historical novel?
A. Bleak House B. Great Expectations
C. Hard Times D. Barnaby Rudge.
2. Charlotte Bronte’s “Jane Eyre” was published in the year…
A. 1851 B. 1847
C. 1840 D.1845
3. Which work of Charles Dickens irritated Americans?
A. Martin Chuzzlewit B. A Tale of Two Cities
C. Bleak House D. Hard Times
4. Which protagonist of W. M. Thackeray is described as “ neither angel, nor imp “?
A. Henry Esmond B. Arthur Pendennis
C. Colonel Thomas Newcome D. Becky Sharp
5. Among these, which is not a work of George Meredith?
A. The Egoist B. The Ordeal of Richard Feverel
C. Middlemarch D. Diana of the Crossways
6. The title of Thomas Hardy novel “Far From the Madding Crowd” is taken from
A. Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard B. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
C. Paradise Lost D. Pilgrim’s Progress
7. George Meredith’s novel “ Emilia in England “, later renamed as…
A. The Shaving of Shagpat B. The Egoist
C. The Ordeal of Richard Feverel D. Sandra Belloni
- “A Tale of the Riots of Eighty” is the subtitle of Charles Dickens’ novel….
A. Barnaby Rudge B. Bleak House
C. Great Expectations D. Little Dorrit
9. The pathetic character of” Little Nell “ appears in
A. Little Dorrit B. The Old Curiosity Shop
C. Great Expectations D. Bleak House
10. After which novel, Thomas Hardy abandoned prose and turned to poetry and drama?
A. Jude, The Obscure B. Far From The madding Crowd
C. The Woodlanders D. The Mayor of Castorbridge
11. Who is the author of “ Essay on Comedy “?
A. George Elliot B. W.M Thackeray
C. Charles Dickens D. George Meredith
12. Who is the author of “ Yelloplush Papers”?
A. Thomas Hardy B. W. M. Thackeray
C. Charles Dickens D. Elizabeth Gaskell
13. Charle Dickens’ greatest novel “A Tale of Two Cities “ is influenced from
A. Shakespeare’s “ Hamlet” B. John Keats’ ”Endymion”
C. Carlyle’s “French Revolution” D. Melville’s “Moby Dick”
14. In which novel by Charles Dickens, The character ” Uriah Heep” is found?
A. David Copperfield B. A Christmas Carol
C. Hard Times D. Bleak House
15. What is the first novel by Elizabeth Gaskell?
A. Cranford B. Mary Barton
C. Ruth D. North and South
1.D 6.A 11.D
2.B 7.D 12.B
3.A 8.A 13.C
4.B 9.B 14.A
5.C 10.A 15.B